Harry Potter, Adam, and the Speghetti Monster

Harry Potter, Adam, and the Speghetti Monster
"Sorry guys...you haven't seen a small metal ball with wings flapping around by chance, have you?""

Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year and a prayer for the ancestors

 


Happy 2013 everyone!!!  May this year bring you as much peace, prosperity and knowledge as desirable.


Let me start the year out by sharing a prayer that I now say before my ancestral altar, before giving my offering.


Dear ancestors, known and unknown to me
From my closest blood relatives  (possible names) all the way to abiogenisis
To my intellectual idols, to my dearly departed animals

Thank you for giving me the gift of existence
Thank you for the examples of your lives

Thank you for the love shown by those of you who shared your life with mine
Please take this offering [incense, food, alcohol, flowers] as a symbol
of my devotion
May you enjoy it and find nourishment 

and may my memory of you live on

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment