Harry Potter, Adam, and the Speghetti Monster

Harry Potter, Adam, and the Speghetti Monster
"Sorry guys...you haven't seen a small metal ball with wings flapping around by chance, have you?""

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Samhain/Halloween my way: an example of practice

Greetings! :-)

Up until now, I've spoken in more general terms about religion and spirituality while saying little about my actual practice. Well, I've always believed in the philosophy of "don't dish it out if you can't take it". As a result, it is only fair for me to expose what I actually do to scrutiny.

I call myself a witch, which may seem simple, but in the neo-pagan world that is hardly a specific description. There are literally dozens of religious and secular traditions of witchcraft, both Wiccan and non-Wiccan. They all have their own and often very divergent views on divinity (or lack thereof), morality, practices, lifestyle and with no central authority, it's extremely difficult to tell which witch is which. But one thing that almost people who call themselves witches in a neo-pagan context seem to believe in is The Wheel of the Year.